Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Great Barrier Reef

This is my third destination on my trip around the world and I'm very excited to be at the Great Barrier Reef. I arrived in Townsville, Queensland yesterday. The weather is hot and humid most of the year round.
I caught a snorkelling boat out to the reef this morning. The boat stopped in a place where we could dive off. It was spectacular. I can see why the Great Barrier Reef is listed as World Heritage site and why so many tourists come to see it. The water is clear and it was a good temperature for snorkelling. The creatures were beautiful and the coral was very colourful. When I was snorkelling all the tropical fishes were coming up to me.




The Great Barrier Reef attracts thousands of tourists each year from all over the world to see the amazing coral and sea creatures. Many tour guides take tourists to show them the reef. They take them out to parts of the reef where they can snorkel, dive or go in underwater sea vessels. Scientist and marine biologist also use the reef for different types of research.

No comments: